Adventuring Scarf & Wrap (with Cowl) by Ambah O'Brien | The Adventuresome Scarf & Wrap was designed with a Yarn Advent Calendar in mind to make the most of daily mini-skein gifts that appear. There are so many possibilities. Add colours in randomly, arrange your minis in a gradient fade, or keep it simple and use a single main colour instead. This is also a perfect way to use up all those leftover yarns hiding in your stash. Frequent colour changes in the lace and slip stitch sections make this knit addictive and will keep you wanting to knit on.
Designed to use minis from Advent kits or those gorgeous yarn sets gathered over the year, the Adventuring Cowl is also perfect to use up those teeny balls left over from your favourite projects. Grab some mini skeins of yarn and whip up this project. It’s a fun addition to your cool weather wardrobe and a perfect gift for someone special. Fade it, work your colours in a more random order or choose a main colour with some colour pops thrown in along the way! Simple garter stitch and eyelet lace keep this a mindless knit, and the regular colour changes will keep you wanting to knit on. What colour adventure will you take with your Adventuring Cowl?
- Scarf & Wrap - 18 sts and 44 rows = 4”/10 cm in Garter stitch, blocked
- Cowl - 18 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in Adventuring stitch
- *Note: Gauge is not crucial for this project, but variations will affect yardage and final measurements.
- Scarf & Wrap - Top Edge: 80 (80)“/203 (203) cm (without fringe); Width: 8.75 (18.25)”/22 (45.5) cm
- Cowl - Circumference: 21”/53.5 cm; Height: 20”/51 cm
- *Note: Measurements taken after blocking.
Materials Used: Fingering Weight
- Scarf & Wrap - 12 (25) colour set, each skein consisting of 61 yd/56 m; Fringe: 12 (25) colour set, approximately 5 yd/5 m of each colour; Colours referred to as C1 through C25 (Samples shown in: Sunshine Yarns, Classic Sock, (fingering weight, 100% wool, 425 yd/389 m per 115 g), Fall Harvest Advent Kit, colours used in dyer’s order; Love and Speckles, Twist Sock, (fingering weight, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% nylon, 400 yd/365 m per 100 g), Heaven Advent Kit + bonus skein, colours used in dyer’s order)
- Cowl - 400 yd/366 m of yarn; either a single skein or 25 mini skeins each consisting of 16 yd/15 m; Colours referred to as C1 through C25 (Sample shown in: Love and Speckles, Twist Sock, (fingering weight, 80% Superwash Merino, 20% nylon, 400 yd/365 m per 100 g), Heaven Advent Kit + bonus skein, arranged in fade order)
- Scarf & Wrap: US 5/3.75 mm long circular needle to hold a large number of sts (shawl is worked flat), or size required to obtain gauge
- Cowl: 2 x US 4/3.5 mm needles, or size required to obtain gauge
Pattern Includes: Written Instructions
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner