Short Description: Grab some mini skeins of yarn and whip up this fun project, a fun addition to your cool weather wardrobe and a perfect gift for someone special. Designed to use minis from Advent kits or those gorgeous yarn sets gathered over the year, the Adventurer Cowl is also perfect to use up those teeny balls left over from your favourite projects. Fade it, work your colours in a more random order or choose a main colour with some colour pops thrown in along the way! Choose between a long or short loop and enjoy a knitting adventure!
Gauge: 32 stitches and 36 rows = 4 inches in ADVENTurer Cowl Lace
- Short (Long)
- Circumference: 24.5 (49)“/62 (124.5) cm
- Height: 11”/28 cm
12 (24) mini skeins, each skein consisting of 29 yd/27 m.
Colours will be referred to as C1 through C24.
Samples shown in:
- Short: Madelinetosh, Tosh Merino Light, (fingering weight/4-ply, 100% Merino, 420 yd/384 m),
- C3: Nutmeg, C4: Foundry, C6: High Plains Drifter, C8: Nector, C10: Porcelain
- Primrose Yarn Co., Adelaide, (fingering weight/4-ply, 100% Merino, 435 yd/398 m per 115 g),
- C1: Gold, C2: Copper Penny Dreadful, C5: Spiced Curry, C7: Electric Watermelon, C9: Peach Fuzz, C11: Snow Owl, C12: Romance Novel
- Long: Miss Babs, Yummy 2-ply Toes, (fingering weight/4-ply, 100% Superwash Merino, 133 yd/122 m per 38 g) Dunk 6 skein Gradient set; C1, C2, C3 and C24: Dunk, C4, C5, C6 and C23: Bramm Bay, C7, C8, C9 and C22: Pallon Beach, C10, C11, C12 and C21: Mount Kootaloo, C13, C14, C15 and C20: Coconut Bay, C16, C17, C18 and C19: Palm Valley
Work the 6 colour gradient set as follows:
6 Colour gradient set: to use for the 24 colours, so in terms of colour numbering:
Darkest colour is GC1 - lightest colour is GC6,
(the G is for gradient to distinguish between the pattern numbering)
- GC1 for C1, C2, C3 then for C24 (and will use for first row)
- GC2 for C4, C5, C6 then for C23
- GC3 for C7, C8, C9 then for C22
- GC4 for C10, C11, C12 then for C21
- GC5 for C13. C14, C15 then for C20
- GC6 for C16, C17, C18 then for C19
Each gradient colour will be worked for 3 colour changes up to C17, then for the final 6 colour changes they will be worked once each to fade back from light to dark.
Needle Size: US 4 - 3.5 mm
Pattern Includes: Written instructions
Skill Level: Suitable for an advanced beginner, the project begins with a provisional cast on, is worked flat, on the bias then a 3 needle bind off joins the ends together.