Short Description: One of the most familiar birds around the world is the sparrow (tiu in Maori). Because they are so common and without brilliant plumage, we hardly take notice of them. But if we do take a closer look, sparrows have a subtle beauty. Furthermore, they are very social and protective of their young, much like humans. It’s when we stop to consider the everyday that we fnd the beauty in life. Knit in a lustrous merino and silk blend, Tiu is anything but ordinary. A wide front lace panel elevates this eﬀortless shell to extraordinary. Decreases from hem to bust enhance the top for a ﬂattering A-line silhouette you’ll want to wear every day.
Gauge: 25 sts and 37 rows over 4 in./10 cm in St st US 3 (3.25 mm) in the rnd after blocking. Take time to swatch for gauge.
Finished Measurements: Sizes XS (S, M, L, XL)
Final bust measurements: 30 [34, 38, 42, 46] in./76 [86, 96.5, 107, 117] cm. 0 - 2 in./0 - 5 cm of positive ease.
Materials Used: Fingering/4-ply
- Potion Yarns Fairy Wing (80% Superwash Merino/20% Silk; 100 g; 400 yd./366 m) in Miss Muppet’s Mitts
- 2 skeins for sizes XS and S, 3 skeins for size M, 5 skeins for sizes L and XL.
- A merino and silk blend results in a fber that has wonderful shine and drape with good memory and strength.
- US 3 (3.25 mm) or size needed to obtain gauge 24-in./60 cm circular needle
- 1 needle size/.5 mm smaller than gauge needle for garter st edges.
- Spare needle to work Three-Needle BO