Short Description: Moonkoosas are fringy felted kicks that are so comfy & easy to make! Wear them as house-slippers or blanket-stitch a flip-flop bottom to the sole to wear them anywhere. Make them mini, short, mid or tall. Foot & calf are independently sized!
Gauge: Work 12 sts and 16 rows to measure 4 x4” in St stitch using US 11 or 8mm needles with Bulky wool. Kids sizes: work 16 sts & 20 rows with Worsted and US 9.
Finished Measurements: Sizes: Larger sizes are in parenthesis.
- Women’s US: XS 3-4, (Small 5-6, Medium 7-8, Large 9-10, XL 11-12.)
- For kids boots, follow the same directions as for Women, but use Worsted Wool & US 9. I suggest knitting mini, short or mid.
- Kids US: XS 6-7, (Small 8-9, Med 10-11, Large 12-13, XL 1-2).
Materials Used: Bulky wool (feltable!) such as: Brown Sheep Lambs Pride Bulky, 113 g - 125 yds - 114 m, 85% Wool 15% Mohair. Kids sizes: use 2 skeins of Worsted.
- Mini Boots - M-02 Brown Heather: 2, (2, 2, 2, 2) skeins.
- Short Boots - M-113 Oregano: 2, (2, 2, 2, 3) skeins.
- Mid Boots - M-140 Aran: 2, (3, 3, 3, 4) skeins.
- Tall Boots - M-08 Wild Oak: 3, (4, 4, 4, 5) skeins.
Needle Size: US 11 (8 mm) circular needles 16” long, (US 9 dpns for kids)
Skill Level: Qwl Meter: beginner------advanced
Other Details: Notions: tapestry needle, markers, crochet hook.
Pattern notes: Moonkoosa Boot foot is knitted flat & seamed up. Stitches are then picked up around the ankle opening for leg & knitted to desired length. Fringe is added to rounds of helpful purl ridges before felting. Important: Mid & Tall bootlegs are only lightly felted