Short Description: Francis is a cocoon style vest — somewhere between a wrap and a garment. She’s fast and easy to work up, knitted top-down and seamless.
Gauge: 10 sts in 4 inches over Fisherman Rib stitch. Row gauge not important.
- Circumference: (around body and arms at approximately elbow level): 43 (46, 49)". Note that due to stretchy nature of Fisherman rib, the finished garment will have plenty of ease.
- Length: as desired (you are knitting top-down) Sample measures 28" from back neck to bottom BO. Note: You can also knit a cropped version by binding off a couple inches below the armholes. This would require much less yarn.
Note about sizing: You will begin garment at neckline edge and repeat a series of increase rows. To make a smaller size, work fewer repeats of these rows. To make a larger size, work more repeats of increase rows until circumference is desired measurement, keeping in mind the more increase rows you work, the lower your armhole opening will be
Size: small (medium, large)
- Two strands held together
- 5 (6, 7) skeins Shibui Maai (70% superbaby Alpaca, 30% fine merino, 175 yds/50g)
- 3 (4, 4) skeins Shibui Silk Cloud (60% kid mohair, 40% silk, 330 yds/25g), or
- 8 (8, 9) skeins Woolfolk Får (100% merino, 50 g/142 yds), or
- 1000 (1100, 1250) yds worsted to aran weight yarn that gets gauge
Needle Size: US 11
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.