Short Description: The Dolo Mitts feature a striking triangular stripe motif that is achieved by working a pattern of short rows and color changes. Two strands of yarn are held together throughout to create a thick, warm fabric. The marled texture effect in some of the triangles comes from holding two contrasting strands together, and lends a rustic vibe to these otherwise modern looking mitts. The pattern knits up quickly on size 6 needles, making this an especially fun, gratifying project.
Gauge: 23 sts and 33 rows = 4” in stockinette with larger needles and yarn held double.
Finished Measurements: 6 ⅝” hand/cuff circumference 11 ⅜” total length
Materials Used: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine (#1 super fine) (50% superwash wool, 30% nylon, 20% superfine alpaca; 433 yd/100g hank):
- Color A #1201 Winter White, 1 hank about 142 yards total
- Color B #1209 Moonshadow, 1 hank about 80 yards total
- Color C #1292 Tiger's Eye Mix, 1 hank about 48 yards total
- Color D #1234 Cardinal, 1 hank about 64 yards total"
- Mitts: US size 6 (4 mm): set of double pointed needles (dpns).
- Ribbing: US size 4 (3.5 mm): set of double pointed needles (dpns)—or two sizes smaller than Gauge Needle.
Pattern Includes: Written directions, links for pattern support and video tutorials that explain basic techniques, 4 pictures
Skill Level: Intermediate
Other Details: Original design by Alexis Winslow