Short Description: This cowl looks complicated with the three colors but you are only working with one color per round so it’s actually a good beginner project. It’s a good stash buster, too. Find 3 skeins of yarn in the same color family and CO!
Gauge: 18–19 sts in 4” in St st; row gauge not important.
Size: Cowl is approximately 27” in circumference as written but is easy to adjust. Just make sure to CO a multiple of 4. Sample is 12” tall.
- Three strands worked together
- 1 skein Woolfolk Tynd used DOUBLED (100% Ovis 21 ultimate Merino, 223 yds/50g) sample color 05 (light tone)
- 1 skein Sincere Sheep Equity used DOUBLED (100% Rambouillet, 255 yds/2 oz) sample color Winter’s Night (medium tone)
- 1 skein Quince and co. Lark used SINGLE (100% american wool, 134 yds/50g) sample color kittywake (dark tone), or
- Three strands worsted weight yarn worked together
- 70 yds of a light color tone
- 130 yds of a medium color tone
- 130 yds of a dark color tone
- US 9 circ 24” or shorter
- US 10 or 10.5 circ 24” or shorter
Change needle size if necessary to obtain correct gauge.